Skip to main content

#IWSG: Good luck #NaNoWriMo !


Happy November, writers! Once again I almost forgot to post on the first Wednesday of the month for Insecure Writers Support Group, but I saw a post on my lovely critique partner's blog and got busy writing this at work! (Thanks, Nicki Elson.)


How's your writing? I'm hustling to finish my WIP by the end of this month to squeeze into my editor's schedule. I only have two chapters left to write, but one is rather pivotal to the plot and I haven't figured out the details yet. I also am writing what I DON'T know by deciding to include chemistry in this story. Not the romantic kind, but the lab chemicals kind. If you're a chemist and want to take a stab at an aspect of my plot that's vexing me, please let me know!

IWSG question of the month:

Win or not, do you usually finish your NaNo project? 
 
I've never tried NaNo. Combine my busy fall schedule at the day job with my anxious tendencies and I think it would feel like way too much pressure. I like writing to be fun and refreshing, so a daily goal might not work for my style.


But I wish much productivity for those writers undertaking this November adventure!


This post is part of the monthly blog hop/therapy session known as Insecure Writer's Support Group, founded by the one and clonely Alex J. Cavanaugh. Click below to join the group!


Comments

Julie Flanders said…
Good luck getting your WIP done. You'll make it!! Wish I could help with the chemistry but I am totally hopeless when it comes to anything scientific.
Take care and Happy November!
I think November snuck up on everyone.
You can do it! Ask Chemist Ken - he might be able to help.
Jennifer Lane said…
Thank you for the encouragement, Julie and Alex! I may check out Chemist Ken for his wisdom.
Stephanie Faris said…
I don't blame the many people who have chosen not to participate in NaNo. I did it one year and "won," but I can write a book just fine without that pressure. I'm never at a point where I can write an entire book starting at November 1st. I'm usually halfway into a project!
The Readdicts said…
I hope you figure out where you're stuck in your WIP Jennifer :)
Good luck!

Janhvi @ The Readdicts